Recent Results Submission
Authors are welcome to submit their recent results (ongoing research, preliminary results, etc.) for presentation at the Symposium. Authors in this session will have 10 minutes to present (8 minutes for presentation + 2 minutes questions). Submissions should be original and limited to 2 double-column pages and should follow IEEE paper templates. Only Adobe PDF files will be accepted; the submission must be sent by e-mail to Ralf Lehnert with the subject line “Recent results submission ISPLC 2021” by August 15, 2021. Notification of acceptance will be sent out by August 31, 2021. If you need an earlier decision than this date, please let us know and we will try our best to review and notify as soon as possible. Please note that these submissions will not go through a formal peer-review process; however, the TPC will check its suitability for ISPLC. The presentations will be uploaded on the conference web site, but they will not appear in the official proceedings or IEEE Xplore®.
Call for papers
Acceptance of submissions will be based on quality, relevance, and originality, with awards for the best submissions. Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE ISPLC 2021 proceedings and in IEEExplore. The conference will further include a series of keynote and plenary talks, as well as an industry forum and special sessions on hot topics for utilities, system integrators and chip manufacturers.
Full papers due: 12 July 2021 (FIRM: Extended Deadline)
Notification of Acceptance: 15 August 2021
Camera-ready papers due: 21 September 2021 (Extended Deadline)
Please check the call for papers here.
To be published in the IEEE ISPLC Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (IEEE member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented at the conference. Registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE-formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers. If you have more than 3 papers, an extra paper can be purchased at a cost of USD 200. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE ISPLC 2021 proceedings and in IEEE Xplore®. Student and IEEE Life Member registrations are not valid as an author registration.
- Papers must be written in English.
- The manuscript must follow IEEE two-column format with single-spaced, 10-point font in the text. The documents should be formatted for standard Letter-size (8-1/2″ by 11″) paper or A4 format. The IEEE instructions for preparing the manuscript in Word or LaTeX templates can be downloaded from Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings.
- The maximum length for full papers is 6 printed pages (10-point font) including figures.
- Papers must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF).
Submission procedure for regular technical manuscripts
Logging in to EDAS
To use EDAS, you will need to log in first. If you already have an account, please enter your e-mail address and EDAS password in the corresponding fields of the form on the EDAS login page.
If you do not know whether you have an account in EDAS system, try entering your e-mail address. EDAS will check whether your account exists or not, and respond accordingly.
If you have an account but forgot your password, please leave the password field blank; EDAS will e-mail the instructions to reset your password to you.
If you do not have an account in EDAS yet, please click on the “New user” link. Fill in the form and then click on the “New User” button. Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk. The password for accessing the EDAS system will be sent to you via e-mail. Once you receive your password, you can return to EDAS and log in.
Registering Your Paper
Registering the paper records its title, abstract, topics and authors in EDAS. Before submitting a manuscript for review, the paper has to be registered. After logging in to EDAS, you will see your overall EDAS system homepage.
- Click on the “Submit paper” tab at the top of the page.
- Find “IEEE ISPLC 2021” in the list of conferences accepting submissions. To begin the process of submitting your paper, click on the “submit” icon for the conference. This will bring you to the conference EDAS homepage.
- You should then see the web form for registering your paper submission. Fill in the form.
- Enter the title and abstract of the paper. Your paper title should NOT be in all upper-case or all lower-case.
- Check the box “Add yourself as author” if you are indeed an author of the paper. You can add other authors later and you can change the order of authors. Note that some conferences do not allow adding or deleting of authors after the submission deadline, to prevent authors from trying to defeat the conflict-of-interest detection mechanisms by omitting some co-authors.
- Enter keywords, if configured for your conference.
- Select the topics from the list of paper topics that best classify your paper. (Not all conferences have defined topics. Some conferences require that papers list a minimum number of topics and restrict the maximum number of topics.)
- Once you have all the information filled in, click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. This will lead to a page that acknowledges your paper registration and allows you to add authors. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Add authors by following the link after registering the paper or going to your EDAS home page and following the link for your paper. Note that your paper has to have at least one author before you can submit a manuscript.
Enter each author using either their EDAS identifier or their last name. Each author must be registered in EDAS; if some authors are not yet registered in EDAS, you will be prompted for the information to register them and they will receive an e-mail with their password. There are no correspondence authors, as all authors are notified by e-mail after their paper has been reviewed.
Submitting and Uploading Your Paper
After registering your paper submission, you must upload your actual paper, typically a PDF file. (Each conference decides which paper formats are acceptable.)
To upload your paper right after registering your submission, simply follow the EDAS instructions on the acknowledgement page.
Alternatively, you can upload your paper later from your EDAS homepage. From there, you can upload your paper by clicking on the icon in the line that shows your paper listing or via FTP, as per instructions on that page.
After you return to your EDAS homepage, you will see your uploaded paper. If you click on the paper number, you will see the paper details. If you click on the paper under “Manuscript”, you will see the PDF version that you uploaded.
From your EDAS homepage, you can see the status of your paper. Initially, when you are registered but yet to upload your paper, EDAS will highlight the paper with white color as pending, to show that no version of your paper (PDF file) has been uploaded yet. After your paper has been uploaded, the color indicating the status will change to yellow, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to all authors.
Revising Your Paper or Account
After you have submitted your paper, you can revise your submission at any time before the submission deadline. To revise your submission, go to your EDAS homepage. Just upload a new PDF version the same way you did already for the previous version. Please do not register and submit a new version as if it was a separate new paper, since this will duplicate the paper registration records.
Revising Your Personal Information (Profile)
You can also revise your own EDAS account information from your EDAS homepage. To do so, click on the tab at the top to “My profile.”
Final Camera-ready Submission
All final manuscripts submitted to ISPLC 2021 should be compatible with IEEE Xplore®.
Steps for Final Camera-ready Submission:
- Create your final manuscript, taking careful account of all reviewers’ comments.
- Proofread and check the layout of your manuscript.
- To electronically fill in the IEEE copyright form, log in to EDAS using your account. For your ISPLC 2021 paper, click on the © icon displayed under copyright, click on the button labelled “IEEE Copyright Submission” and then follow the instructions.
- Submit final, Xplore-compatible PDF(s) via EDAS using your account.